May 9, 2008

Introductions, Sort of .....


Since I am totally freaked out about online predators, and insist that my daughters never give out any of their own information online, I decided I have to play by the same rules. So I'll be referring to my kids by their first initial only, myself as aj (or the Mom), and the head of our family as The Man (he likes this idea). If that is totally annoying, then my sincerest apologies - my mother raised me to be happily paranoid :)


So, onto the introductions: A is 11 and her aspirations include being a pirate. If this doesn't work out, however, she'd like to create games for XBox 360. She has quite an imagination so I'm sure she'd be great at it. Here is a picture of her in Hawaii last summer, then one entertaining her baby sister - she's GREAT at it:





K is 8 and wants to be an actress. No, not when she grows up - she's quite serious about it right now and charms the heck out of everyone she performs for ;) She memorizes long, difficult scripts in one night flat, so I've been forced to accept that I officially have a "Drama Queen." Here she is in one of her recent roles: (Alice in Wonderland), and one of her in Hawaii as well:





And this is our Littlest Elf and Head Troublemaker, E, who keeps our dog fat and happy by feeding her all the food from her highchair tray, and keeps her mommy smiling with all her silliness. She is two and a half. Here is a photo of her after eating her first PopTart, then one in her 2007 Halloween costume demonstrating why it's so hard for us to get good pictures of her. She hates the flash so she closes her eyes as soon as she sees a camera - but at least she smiles! She even says CHEESE!:



Oh, man, she cracks me up . . . here's another "Okay, take the stupid picture already" photo of her:


The Man, who we girls run to for anything we need (and all too often, I assure you) is very out numbered in our family. I attribute this to his enjoyment as a teenager of always being surrounded by women - he prayed it would never end, so here we are! And he spoils us, that's for sure. There's never been a better daddy in the world, and our girls adore him to pieces. And as you can see from the photo below, he feels the exact same way about his daughters. As a mom and wife, I couldn't ask for a single improvement in him. I can't believe how lucky I am!!

Now, for me . . . I really hate candid pictures of myself, so I have very few of them from the past years. So instead, I'll post the last professional one I had done - it's small here (I had to copy it from my publisher's website), but I'm fine with that! :)

So, there ya go . . . at least for now. You'll get to know more about The Man and me in the following posts - which detail our vacation last spring to England and France.

If you leave a comment, please do your best to keep our secret identities . . . um . . . secret! Hee hee. And I'd love it if my family members and friends would put a link to this on their own blogs - just label it as "The Daily Drama" if you will, please, rather than using our names. People who know us will eventually figure out who the link belongs to. Thanks!!

Lots of love,

aj (she-who-must-not-be-named)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear She who must not be named,
I LOVE your blog. It is so wonderful to sit down and read about your wonderful family and see
how incredible your trip was and to see those darling, dramatic little chicks.

Love,
Mom

Tammy said...

Holy moly! I can't believe your kids. They look so much older. The middle one looks so much like the Man. Your trip looks like it was a blast - jealousy seeping through.